A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Monday, August 08, 2011

Unexpected nostalgia.

For a little while, my life felt like how the first minute of The Cure's Just Like Heaven sounds. And who doesn't want to feel like that? It's all sparkly and fun. It's waking up in a great mood and having a big country breakfast. It's jumping into cool water on a hot day. It's that clear way the air feels after a rain.

Sometimes, that feeling comes with spectacularly, destructive bad timing, and it causes a hurt.

Then a while later, it doesn't hurt anymore, and there's just a sense of coulda-woulda-shoulda.

And that passes, too. Except for the occasional cosmic tugging you feel when you know, without doubt, you're being thought about by someone you used to think a lot of, and it makes you lift your head and look into space for a moment. I always look toward Memphis.

Then it's gone.

3 comments:

freudiantypo said...

I am confused. You need to text me.

Foz the Hook said...

I'm familiar with that feeling.

Foz the Hook said...

And I like Memphis too.