A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

2 days til vacation.

Not a second too soon. There's all sorts of goodness on my plate lately, and I'm enjoying it. But I can use a little break to relax a bit, get caught up on some pleasure-writing (which sounds dirty but isn't). And canoeing.

That's right! For my birthday/vacation week, I'll be spending a lot of time in the water, which is natural and right. E-2.0 and I will be "floating the Buffalo", which means paddling through mostly tame water with only an occasional canoe-flipping. And really, when it's so hot outside, getting tossed in the water is kind of the best part. I've done this once before, and it was a lot of fun. Other best part? No cell service out there in the boonies. Oh, I can't wait. Swimming, splashing, broiling under the sun, pushing my companion into the water when we stop for lunch. It's gonna be a hoot.

I'll also be doing something watery with Brandon. We haven't decided yet; maybe a separate canoeing trip, maybe a long drive to the nearest water park just for the hey of it. On the days I'm not involved in some kind of outdoors adventure, I'll still be outdoors, parked at Tasha's pool and slowly getting so dark as to be unrecognizable by my enemies.

Oh, and I'll be pulling together a few pieces I'm submitting to a bigger-than-Corinth newspaper. I've received some unexpected encouragement from one of the editors, and I'm really excited about it. *crosses fingers*

Just a blupdate. I'm working on...something about lard.

No comments: