A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Intermission, take 2.

I've been approaching this with the wrong attitude entirely. I've been sad about giving up my apartment and saying, "Well, I don't have to do this." Which is true. I don't. But here is where my attitude shifts: I can.

I've been looking at this like, "Poor me, poor me", which is a truckload of horse hockey. I am damn lucky. Instead of having to struggle my way through school and be uneasy about rent the whole time, I have this awesome family who's willing to let me crash for a couple semesters. This is a great opportunity. A lot of people don't have this kind of option. It's going to allow me to save a lot of money while finishing up at Northeast, so that when I'm ready to move on to _____ and continue my education there, I'll have a nest egg and not have to slum it. It also lets me spend more time with two of my favorite people in the world before I move to a different zip code and only see them once or twice a year.

In other news, yesterday I made one of the few really mature decisions I've made in awhile. It occured to me that if I don't take another trip to Chicago this August and use that money in a wiser way, I'll be back in a classroom in January. It sucks that I won't be able to see the manfriend until autumn, but this is how it's gotta be, and he agrees 100%. I got lucky there, too. What a great guy.

And in other, other news, tonight I'm going to one of my favorite restaurants to see about a job waiting tables at night. Cross your fingers.

No comments: