A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Taken down a few pegs.

Sometimes I get so caught up in my own little dramas and twistings, I fail to see the bigger picture. It sucks when that happens. I've been griping about my misadventures in dating and letting that friend-flirtation gnaw at me while people in my own town have lost their homes to flooding. People have died. Right now at Crossroads Arena, there is a temprary shelter set up for the residents of an entire apartment complex. It's a one-story complex and there wasn't a single home undamaged. Everyone was evacuated, and officials say it'll be at least a few weeks before the cleanup crews can get things in order enough to start moving people back in. The floodwaters were contaminated with all sorts of ickiness, so they're unable to go home and get any of their things. Half of them have cars that won't crank after being completely submerged. Treasured possessions, important medications, neccessities for living, all washed away.

And I'm bitching about that guy in Collierville.

Thanks for the perspective reminder, Universe. I've signed up to volunteer at the shelter.

No comments: