A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"I feel like a banker in this tie."- Major League

So I started the new FSR position yesterday, and it's pretty sweet so far. I've opened two new accounts and I've been studying up on credit cards, CDs, IRAs, commercial accounts, etc. The main office is very much to my liking. I'll be there for most of this month, excluding my vacation of course. It seems I may have stumbled into a career. There are times when I feel asthmatically panicked at the thought of a 9-5 under fleuorescents for the next few decades, but I do enjoy the stability. Numbers don't lie. Numbers can be rearranged and compunded, but they can't be bent or broken (at least not within the confines of normal banking; otherwise you're talking about embezzlement.) I'm liking this much more than I thought I would, and I never thought I would dislike it. I'm digging the office humor, remembering birthdays (and enjoying nibbling the birthday cakes), getting excited when we reach goals as a team. I know that sounds like something off one of those ridiculous inspirational posters that always feature schooners or some guy dangling from a cliff, but it's true.

No comments: