A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shedding.

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you ?
People'd call, say, "Beware doll, you're bound to fall"
You thought they were all kiddin' you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hangin' out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging for your next meal. -Bob Dylan, Like A Rolling Stone

A visit to the doctor yesterday revealed that I have lost a whoppin' 28 lbs since I got my own place. That's about 7 weeks, not bad. Especially when one factors in the holidays. It's been accomplished (mostly) healthily and I'm eager to see how much faster it'll come off once I start going back to the gym...which will be tonight, dammit. Last night I laid down to take a half-hour nap and didn't wake up til nearly 10, which had me texting with BC, blasting Lucero way too loudly for a duplex on a Monday night, and cleaning my house. So now that I don't have the excuse of needing to clean, I'm going back to the gym. Hell, excuses. See what kind of braces we put on our brains when we listen to what our culture has to say about exercise? I don't mind working out. In fact, I really enjoy it, especially running. But when I get busy/laid/bereaved/sick over a couple weeks, I start saying things like, "Oh no, gotta go work out blahblahblah". Pssh. I'm totally looking forward to it. Also need to get my pale tail back in the tanning bed. January's half over. Spring is almost here! Skirts! Dresses! Heels!

None of which I can afford. This divorce has really taken its toll on my budget. I've never thought of myself as a materialistic girl. I still don't. But I do like to be able to pay my bills on time and eat. I've been generally living on milk and tangerines, and while I'm ok with that, I would like more options. But the important thing is that I am paying the bills.

Yard sale?

Ugh. I refuse to feel sorry for myself. I'll think of something. Always do.

No comments: