A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Like I can really fit a month into one post.

Wow, it seems I have utterly lost my blogging mojo. My blogergy. My blogspunk.

Actually, there's just been so much going on and the thougts I've had have really been too big and complex (and probably stupid) to try to spit out into a blupdate. Everything's ok, at least I'm holding together pretty well on most days and doing really well on some days. Just as I'm getting a handle on all things homemaker and really started to enjoy the hell out of it and getting really good at it, it's become apparent that I need to get a job in order to maintain this lifestyle later. Pay off credit cards and the car, etc. Then I can go back to taking care of all the members of my family and in-lawed family who are now depending on me, and doing the things I genuinely enjoy, like baking and running a tight home-ship. Ya'll know of anyone hiring? I can do lots of stuff.

Ok, why am I jabbering when I'm really just looking forward to getting around to the best news I've received all year: that Lucy is coming home early! Yup. He was scheduled to be home mid-to-late December, and now their unit's return has been moved up to September. I tear up when I think about it for more than a minute at a time. Two and half months that you dont have to be without someone might not seem like much to you guys, but it really makes a huge world of difference. It's two and a half more months that I get with my buddy, my partner. I can't believe that in roughly two months, he'll be sleeping beside me again. He'll be home for Halloween and Thanksgiving. If he doesn't get redeployed too soon, he may even be around come April and we'll actually get to spend our anniversary together. But we'll see. He has a three-month window where he can't be redeployed and then its back on. But at least we'll have October and November when we thought we wouldn't.

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Fantastic. I'm very happy for you guys!