A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

American Aquarium: an open letter I won't send.

Dear American Aquarium:

I have been driving a lot recently, and it has come to my attention that no other band quite satisfies my needs concerning road music as well as you do. Your tracks are sing-able, blare-able, and I find that they will keep me awake when highway hypnosis threatens. I relate to several of your songs, and the ones I don't...well, they're super anyway. At the show I attended this past week, I purchased the two new CDs and have found them quite to my liking. I'm particularly impressed with the uncluttered simple beauty of the Bones EP. Seriously, guys...keep making me sniffle, 'cause I can't get enough. I guess that sounds insensitive. It's not like I'm hoping BJ Barham will continue having reasons to write such pretty, heartbreaking lyrics. Luckily, you guys are equally adept at creating rollicking, upbeat tracks that have me wanting to kick my heels up and swill a brewsky...I do neither, though, because as stated, I'm driving. But I totally drum along on my steering wheel.

That's all I got. Keep up the good work, fellas. You make me wish I liked whisky.

No comments: