A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Unexpected awesomeness.

So back when Lucy was still home, we often discussed taking ballroom dancing classes. We really, really wanted to (especially after seeing how much fun my parents were having with it), but couldn't get our schedules straightened out with me at Cato and him working the night shift. Fast forward, and he's in Iraq. Now, the guys usually have a day off every week., and they generally get a little free time here and there between. There are some activites offered for them, fun stuff to get their minds off the shitty place they're in and whatnot. Apparently, of all things, dance classes are available! So on his days off, he's learning to salsa. In Baghdad. LOL. Awesome.

12 comments:

theogeo said...

That's pretty flippin' cool. USA! USA!

sarah saint said...

*cocks head*

casey said...

Wow now you better be taking some lessons! I wonder if the men have men partners or women partners! I dunno Id like to see that though :)

casey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beauty and the Blog said...

The Iraqi salsa is indeed a unique one. Of course you now are required to move very little as you will be doing this version in a burkah. Good luck.

sarah saint said...

Oh, I know, Casey! I can just picture him trying to swish his hips in ACUs. Hahahaha. Cute.

B, sometimes, I wish I had a burkah. You know, for days when you have to go out and you know you're hideous. A muumuu is nice, but does nothing to hide a breakout.

palm tree said...

Oooh, I hope he learns to swing dance. That way you two can rock it out at my wedding (whenever the hell that may be).

sarah saint said...

We should ALL learn to swing dance, so we can all rock it out at my vow renewal. I'm really thinking about doing something like an informal re-do of the whole thing. I mean, I think our wedding was nice, but we let our preacher interfere waaay too much for no discernable reason, the result of which was that our own personalities and everything that makes us "Luke and Sarah" was either vetoed or watered down. He even objected to our musical selections! *sigh* I can't believe I just took that crap. At our vow renewal, by gum, there will be personality. There will be gobs and gobs of lovey dovey, two-unique-people-in-love. And there will be DANCING.

sarah saint said...

Have ya'll talked about a semi-specific date yet? Like, even within a ballpark time frame? I gotta know this stuff so we can get all excited and talk about attire and shoes and finger foods!

palm tree said...

Hell to tha no! I don't know why, though. He was all about it for a while and now when I mention it he's like, "What the fuck, dude, that's the LAST thing I have time to think about!"

So I just don't think about it either.

Beauty and the Blog said...

Tamara, where a Burkah. Tell him you will wear it until he decides to discuss a date.

palm tree said...

I'm just not thinking about it. Fuck it. If it's such a bother then to hell with it. ;)