A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh, and...

So it's been a little while since my last post. What can I say? It's been a weird time for me. I've been a few rungs above depressed, but not chipper enough to muster enough energy to do much of anything constructive. I am coming out of it (for real).

Let's see. Luke is fine. It's apparently hot in Baghdad, and his CO evidently can't give out much more info than that. We (Luke and I, not the CO and I...silly) had a nice date today. He took me to a quiet little Yahoo Messenger room on the corner, and we had a lovely long chat. Hey, we make the most of what we've got to work with. I'm purchasing a webcam in the morning so's he can see me. (The computer he's borrowing until his new laptop gets shipped to him already has a cam, so I could see him today. Rock.)

I just interviewed for a part time job at the local newspaper, to work in the classifieds department. Sounds perfect for what I need right now. The only way I'm going to work this summer is if it's part-time, or strictly physical full-time. I'll dig ditches. I'll weedeat at Shiloh park. I'll hold "slow" signs on the highway. But don't make me think. I need to zone out and save my mental energy for school, 'cause dammit, I'm getting through it this time. I need to stay focused even if I'm bored to tears, and any job whose stress follows me home is going to hinder my ability to focus.

Is everyone else as happy as I am to see leaves and flowers sprouting? Spring is here! Can I get an amen?! I predict two more cold snaps and then, oh, glorious warmth. Warmth that makes you want to sprawl on the ground and absorb sunshine like a lizard.

Yeah, like a lizard.

That's all I can think of right now. Maybe when I start leaving the quiet historic district for more than trips to school and back (ok, and Sonic... strawberry limeades keep me going), I'll have more to talk about.

Oh! Anyone who hasn't done so already needs to go out right now and rent White Noise. Go to the first scene. Ok? Now skip ahead to the next scene. Repeat until the movie is over and go to the bonus features. The alternate method to this is to put the DVD in and go straight to the bonus features. Whatever. It's your call. Once you get there, watch said bonus features. Creeeeepy. A zillion times scarier than the movie. Very curious phenomenon, that EVP.

1 comment:

palm tree said...

You and Megan and your sunning reptile references!

I wish it was springier here, but I'm glad for you. Tomorrow's high is 59, but then it's supposed to plummet into the 20's. Pfft. But by May I'm hoping I'll be celebrating the sprouts right along with you!

Also, lizard-y tanning.