A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I got a text message from Luke at about 9:30 CST last night (5:30 am AST), letting me know that they had landed safely in Baghdad and were on their way to their tents. He also sent a picture. He sent one a couple days ago, with camels in the background. What a culture shock. Now that he's over there, I'm really feeling the worry. It is nothing, nothing, nothing like his being gone last summer for training, and nothing like his being gone over the holidays, or even his being in Kuwait, because it's at least safer there. This is horrible. It's absolutely the worst fear I've ever known. You can't even google "Baghdad" and not find some recent new body count. I can't even wrap my head around the fact that my husband is currently in a place where people are actively trying to kill each other and trying to kill anyone in an outfit like his. I don't know how long it would take for me to know if something happened to him, or how I would be told. I'm going to go crazy if I don't stop thinking about it like that, but how can I? I have to think of something else.

Like that I've been talked into being a chili competition judge this Saturday. Huh.

3 comments:

palm tree said...

I wish I had some magic words for you. But I don't. I can't imagine what you're going through, and I'm not an army wife at all. So, all I can offer are my good wishes and my support when you need it.

I'm thinking of you.

casey said...

Ok so my idea! Come see me we will drink fruity drinks and go to the beach! Sound appealing? Hmmm maybe it would get your mind off of things! Ill even try to drink tea and stuff for ya! ;) Well I hope you find waht it takes to keep your mid busy on other things! I lvoe you!

sarah saint said...

Thanks, guys.

And Casey, that sounds awesome.