A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Dizzamn, has I been busy. Over the past week, I have:

1) missed my husband really bad
2) pretty much lived at the office
3) spent the night on a really uncomfortable bed in a Jackson sleep clinic while accompanying my mother in law to he sleep apnea test stuff
4) experienced Chuck E. Cheese for the first time and subsequently vowed to never take my own children there
5) not yet sent out Christmas cards
6) not yet packed Luke's bag for CA so he doesn't have to stay in uniform for a week
7) not yet found or purchased the required black pants and white shirts we have to wear when the whole family does the portrait thing at the beach (we're gonna look like a big group of well-coiffed waiters)
8) not yet had the time to pick up the house enough to let the housekeepeer in to do her thing (yes, I'm one of those people who does the dishes and puts everything away *before* the housekeeper gets to the house)
9) freaked out over the Army's screwup on a paycheck
10) not yet consumed or inhaled any intoxicants or poisons.

The good stuff is that I'll see Luke in five days, and that I'll be in CA in six days, and that Christmas is only eight days away. Yay!

My apologies for this post, which appears to have been thought out and typed by a five year old.

1 comment:

palm tree said...

Aw, sweetie, don't feel bad. I, too, haven't mailed Christmas cards, and am thinking of either not sending them at all, sending them very late, or simply writing letters to everyone I intended to send a card to, and stopping to delete those from my list to whom I can't seem to compose a familiar letter. And, since it's 11pm here, I'm going to bed because Jeffy and I have to get up early and HE'S going to bed and pouting because I'm still wrapping up my 45-minute stay on the computer so I can go cuddle.

Yay.