A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Moved into the new place, and it's wonderful. Since Luke's gonna be gone for so long, we decided to downsize. Less space to maintain, less money, yada yada. But we found the cutest duplex ever, for less money than we were paying previously, and it's actually waaaay better. The bedroom is smaller but cozy with awesome natural light. Long hallway, which provides a solution to the dilemma of where to hang pictures that have sentimental value but that I don't want in the living room or bedroom. The kitchen is smaller in length but has more counter space. The living room and dining room are separated by french doors (great for directing heat, by the way). The living room has a gas fireplace and built-in bookcases, and the dining room has a built-in china cabinet, so I finally have a place to put mine. Our neighbors are two very sweet men named Mark and Mitch who manage a barbecue restaurant (I can't make that up). Pictures will soon be posted on my Flickr, along with some shots of the Corinth Cemetary Walk from Saturday. That's basically where the historical societies have members dress up as prominent figures from the city's history and stand next to their graves, telling people about their lives and the impact they had on the town. Sort of a classier Halloween-y thing. My dad was Martin Siegrist, who designed and built the Curlee-Verandah House for Hamilton Mask, one of the town's co-founders. And since Marty was from Switzerland, you know that Tom Parson had to do the whole thing with an impressive Swiss accent. Yeah. That's how we roll. Anyway, Dad was a real hit (even made the newspaper...again!) and everyone loved the accent. He enjoyed the acting so much that he's decided to join Corinth's acting guild. Anyway, the Walk was fun and educational and well worth the price of admission.

In other news, I've (finally) recently purchased an iPod, and it has become my child. How did I ever live without this tiny piece of technology??? How did I exercise? Well, that's answered easily enough: not very well and not very often. Seriously, it's 17 times more enjoyable to run now. I've been doing a "Couch to 5k" podcast a couple times a week and it's really helpful, even if the chosen music is kinda lame. I've got my iTunes library set up at work now and thus am the hippest person at the office, or at least I've caught up with the hip people. (Eff you, Pandora.com; I've got a new friend and she lets me play what I want.) And for time in my new big ol' bathtub, I've even got a designated playlist for "chillaxing". Ha. This is so much fun!



P.S. You're still cool, Pandora. I've just found someone who fits my needs better, and it's so new and exciting...you understand. I know you do.

2 comments:

theogeo said...

I didn't start seriously working out until I got an iPod. No shit.

Congrats on the new place!

palm tree said...

Let me pause for a moment to bump fists with you and commend you on the most awesome use of the word "chillaxin."

*major chord*

OK.

I second the congrats on the new place! Love the pics, too. Especially the penis joke one. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Props for owning china. And I'm really glad you have an iPod because it truly transforms the exercise experience.