A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

So some stupid girl in Luke's unit (which sound bad but isn't) got the whole group in trouble by hiding a cell phone, and blew their pass status for the week. Good call. Twit. If she had waited another couple weeks, everyone gets their cell phones back anyway. (They turned their phones in upon induction.) So it'll be at least another couple of weeks before I can go see him. The good news is that from here on, unless someone screws up royally, I can go see him for every pass, even the ones where he can't go anywhere. I'm about to become very familiar with the car-rental business, which is kinda scary since I've never done it.

Has anyone here tried Melatonin as a sleep aid? 'Cause I've been using it, and it's herbal magic. Megan suggested it, claiming that it knocks you out as efficiently as OTC sleeping pills like Sominex or Tylenol PM, but without the Oh-my-dog-I-swallowed-a-pillow-and-there-are-fucking-tasmanian devils-in-my-skull hangover that so often occurs with such medicines. I really enjoy it. I don't know if the pills have anything to do with dream quality, but my dreams lately have been seriously nuts. I'm telling you, this is how I'm going to actually write and sell a novel; I'm going to just base it on my dreams. I had one a few nights ago that actually switched to animation mid-dream, with a trippy musical interlude. It was like Tim Burton and The Misfits had a baby in my brain. I woke up so impressed with my subconscious. And yes, I wrote it all down. It'll make its appearance in a bookstore or movie theater near you sooner or later.

14 comments:

theogeo said...

Might I suggest posting at Nocturnal Admissions as a great way to practice how you'd like to write that dream novel? Hmm? Hmmmm?

palm tree said...

Seriously! I was going to say the same thing! You didn't join that blog fer nuthin', didja? Heh? Git yer ass over there and post, bizz-atch!

palm tree said...

Or I'll broadcast the "I'm gonna get Dwayne Polk" video across the internets.

sarah saint said...

*gulp*

Ok,ok, I'll post. I've been meaning to.

However, since switching my blogger account awhile back with the whole google thing, I've been unable to. Do I need another invite or something?

theogeo said...

Hmmm, I'll look into that and send you another invite.

theogeo said...

I just sent you another invitation, but I wonder if it will let you post with a hotmail account. If it won't, you might have to sign up for Gmail. Not sure how that works. But if that happens, I'll send you another invitation.

sarah saint said...

I'm in! Cool. Thankya.

The Director said...

Sweet!

theogeo said...

Um, who was that guy?

sarah saint said...

I don't know, but I'ma bust a cap if he shows his ass up in my blog again.

sarah saint said...

Oh, and Tammo?

Bitchez aint sheeit.

palm tree said...

To quote a hilarious LT, "Well, bitches aren't shit."

palm tree said...

Soooo...did he get leave or no? Details!

Also, did you try to call me twice? It looks like you sent a page...

sarah saint said...

No, no pass. Dammit. But there's only 63 days left of his training! 9 weeks. Wooohoo. Word on the street is that they'll get a pass next weekend now.

And yes, I did try to call because I was about to embark on a spur of the moment trip to Memphis and wanted LT's number, and had no computer access at the time. I sent the page because my phone is refusing to send text messages right now.