A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Monday, July 16, 2007

And I'm back in Corinth. Bleh.

I was in Missouri. Yay!

That's right. Saturday evening, I got a call from the beloved, informing me that he would have a pass the next day from 8am to 5pm. So Dad and I set out for Ft. Leonard Wood, MO at 2 am Sunday morning. We arrived at about 9. I was so excited I could barely take bad pictures along the way. Dad dropped me off at the PX, where Luke's pass was limited to, and after saying hey to Luke, took off for some national park another hour away to get another stamp in his park passport. Lucy and I spent the day wandering around the exchange, buying a sappy pink t-shirt announcing, "I *heart* my Army soldier" that is my official sleepshirt from now on, and sampling from the food court selections. We sat at a table in the court for hours, holding hands and chatting and looking at each other with big doe eyes, then took a little walk beside the building and sat at a picnic table to continue the chatting. There was no opportunity for any contact beyond hand-holding and a couple kisses. That'll have to wait until his next pass, an overnight pass in which he is allowed to take a taxi to the nearby hotel. Regardless, we had a wonderful time and I feel more relaxed than I've felt since he left. I can't describe how good it felt to just be with him and touch him. Awww.

The drive was exhausting. Next time, I'll be more prepared. ("Next time" may very well be this coming weekend.) I'm going to pack a bag tonight to have ready, including those fun-size toiletries, exotic underwear, body hair-removal apparatus, a change of clothes, and hair-styling tools. After being in a car for several hours and /then/ realizing I had grabbed the wrong damn shirt upon leaving (my dad stopped at a gas station right before we got to the base so I could change out of my pajamas and brush my teeth), I didn't feel so attractive. I know Luke didn't give a hoot about my shirt or that I hadn't had a chance or a place to straighten my hair, but still. Maybe it makes me shallow, but I wanna look good for him. He's in front of all his buddies, you know? So yeah. Next time, I'll grab my bag and go when I get the call and get to the hotel in time to actually get a few hours of sleep, take a shower, and subdue my hair /before/ seeing him. Maybe, just maybe, I could even catch a flight out of Memphis. That would be even more awesome.

Pictures to follow. I promise.

lukecloser

2 comments:

palm tree said...

Pics WHEN?!

sarah saint said...

Pics TONIGHT!!