A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm getting the results of my bloodwork today, and having an echocardiogram. My doc has put me on Lexapro, which I recall as having helped my mother chill significantly a few years back. Maybe it'll kick in and I'll stop feeling like I'm going to implode. One of my worst fears has come to pass: my psyche issues are apparently manifesting physically. Fuckin-A.

The echo is to rule out bigger problems than mild heart palpitations. My doctor thinks anxiety is the real issue. We'll have a look.

1 comment:

palm tree said...

That happened to me. The last time I saw my cardiologist he told me I was having anxiety attacks, and that when I treated the anxiety the heart problems would go away.

But now that I'm not treating anything I'm starting to note some of my real problems, as I'm about to hash out in the Cave, if you care to join me.