A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm suspended from work for a week.

Yeah. Ok- some background: Sunday night was sheer hell. I've never, in any work experience, had such a miserable seven hours. I got flustered and made several mistakes on the register. Two cooks left early and we were left with the one least competent cook, who fell in the cooler and had to take time out to fill out some accident forms, thus guaranteeing a ridiculously long wait time on the food. One customer tore me a new one to the extent that I had to turn my table over to Jessica and shakily smoke a cig in the back just to prevent myself from going Evil Dead in the dining room. I ended up having to discount the guy's ticket, and he still left without paying, so I discounted it some more and paid it my own freakin' self. BAD mistake. Fast forward to 4:48 this evening. Boss lady said she needed to speak to me immediately, and proceeded to cotinue tearing into my wounded posterior. And suspend me for a week because, "It don't look good, girl. I'm not accusing you, but it sure look bad, like maybe you's stealin'."
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!
I'm the one waitress in that place who is actually financially honest. I report all my tips. I don't pass out discounts to friends. And I'm the one suspended for a week, right before Christmas. Never mind the fact that mistakes are made every night. Never mind the fact that other waitresses had severe screw-ups that fiasco of a Sunday night. Me. I can't begin to describe the indignant rage I'm experiencing. So what am I going to do?
I'm going to get up, put on some heels and foxify myself, and go to the Corinth Cato first thing in the a.m. From there, I'm going to grovel at the feet of my former boss, Donna, and plead my management job back. Quitting Cato was a huge mistake, and it is my intention to correct it. Giving up authority and a fat paycheck to serve pizza?!? *bangs head on computer desk*
And over what? A little boredom. My ennui issues have gotten me in trouble for the last time. If I can get my job back, I'm going to be the best damn Cato manager the southeast has ever seen. Give me back paperwork and scheduling! Ten hour days and mandatory hotness! An organized office and a fax machine!

I'm on a mission. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Palm Tree said...

Good luck. I worked at Cato for ten minutes when I lived in Knoxville.

sarah saint said...

*squeak*

10 minutes still qualifies you as a Cato girl!

What was your job there?

Palm Tree said...

Um, I wandered around folding sweaters and wiping dye off my hands and ringing people up. And I dropped the deposit off a few times at the bank. Then I quit cuz I hated it.

sarah saint said...

Dye? Ew.

Palm Tree said...

Food service is a tool of Satan.

Don't call me Tammy!

sarah saint said...

Are you inebriated? Thnat was the most random post ever. lol

Palm Tree said...

No, actually, I'm not. How did the Cato quest turn out?

sarah saint said...

I'm wanted, but for some reason no one can remember, I was put down as ineligible for rehire in my paperwork when I quit back in March. So the GM and DM are trying to find a loophole or just get around that fact so I can come back. We'll see.

Is Tammo better?