A quest to make sense of it all. Or a sense to make a quest of it all.

Friday, November 10, 2006

I have nothing to talk about right now, so I'm going to post this. It happened to me the other night at work. My apologies to those who've already heard or read.

Yeah. I was trying to give this guy his order but he was muttering in that I'm-a-redneck-and-thus-so-superior-that-I-will-not-give-you-the-courtesy-of-being-audible way, and I couldn't hear his name. I decided to be a smartass and it backfired. Leaning all the way out of the window and moving my hand up to my ear to bellow,"I'm sorry, what did you say?", I dislodged the locks on the window and it slammed shut on the sides of my head. I had to wrestle with it for a minute, my face about 6 inches from his, and all I could say was,"I'm sorry, the door shut on my skull."
I've got to be the dumbassedest Pizza Hut waitress ever.

Last week, I was about to take an order at a table from the surliest family ever, and my knee just gave out. I did this light-speed squat down, and still squatting, I said, "Sorry, my leg is wrong. Did you want that on a pan crust?" The man looked at me like I had suggested that he remove his underpants and turn them over to the kitchen staff, and said "WHAT??" I just stuttered, "My.. muh..leg, it's uh ah well, my leg, well" and he just goes"Pan, pan! We want pan crust!" and glared at me as I hobbled away.

3 comments:

Palm Tree said...

Nothing will ever top getting your head caught in the window. Nothing. All of us might as well throw away our cameras. It's not going to get better than that.

Although your knee going out while taking an order is pretty damn funny.

theogeo said...

I'm sorry, I have to say that is some funny shit.

Beauty and the Blog said...

I agree. That would have been the best time to be visiting. *sighs*